To achieve the maximum impact on student learning, however, Onward Readers should not be viewed as an isolated part of the school day. Rather, it is intended to support the culture of learning throughout the school.
• Every child can & will learn
• Educators are responsible for student learning
• Focus on comprehension
• Strategies for learning
• Assessments as formative
• Differentiation of supports
• Collaboration/Connected Autonomy
• Educator as learner
• Leader as leader
• Students actively engage in the process
The Onward Readers structures, resources, and professional development are intended to support these shifts so that they can serve as a guide for transforming the entire school.